Players often have the same questions when playing for the first time. This Frequently Asked Questions page should answer the most common of these.
Very common questions
- Check the bottom right corner for context-relevant keys.
- A rail with one signal will only let trains pass one way. In order to make a two-way track, there needs to be signals on both sides of the same rail.
- If the UI has disappeared, press F1.
- At the moment, you cannot make level crossings (rail and road crossing), diagonal bridges/tunnels, and turns in tunnels/bridges.
The most commonly used controls are below. Here is a list of all known controls.
- QWEASD: Move camera
- Ctrl+WASD or Middle mouse button: Rotate camera
- Alt: Toggle extra info (this can be configured with the button in the top left
- Hold Shift: Build multiple of the same building/vehicle/wagon
- Ctrl+Alt+C: Turn on cheat mode (then right click money/research/demands)
If you are having trouble with signals, check this video by TKH or read the Signals Guide when it is added.
A common problem is when trains block themselves. If a train is waiting at a signal forever, make sure the block in front of the signal doesn't connect to the block behind it.